|We recommend that either a
boatyard or your local commercial stripe company install
the stripes, but if you elect to install yourself, the
following will assist you.
1. Mark with grease pencil or lead pencil the lower
part of your existing tape stripe to establish a reference
line to place the new tape stripes
2. Remove the old stripping (if it is original Precision
stripes by using a hot air gun, large capacity hair
dryer or the like. Heat up the stripes to make them
a bit pliable and then use a plastic squeegee or similar
to remove from the hull. Be careful not to scratch the
3. Clean the area where you have removed the stripes
with a solvent or adhesive cleaner using caution to
not remove the reference line you put on prior to removing
the old stripes
4. Lightly spray the area you are going to apply the
stripes with water from the spray bottle.
5. Peal off
the backside of your new tape and carefully place in
online with your reference line, unroll a small bit
at a time and make sure it is straight.
6. After you are satisfied with the placement, using
the spray bottle of water, lightly mist a 2-3 foot section
of tape and use the squeegee to remove all air bubbles
trapped between the tape and the hull surface.
7. Once all air bubbles have been squeegeed out completely
carefully cut the ends of the stripe to suit.
8. Wait one full warm day for the stripes to dry completely,
then carefully remove the protective plastic “pre-tape”
covering from the tape surface.
• Spray bottle of water with a drop or two of
dish soap in water
• Plastic or rubber squeegee
• Plastic or soft surface tool to scrap off
• Heat gun or hair dryer
• Adhesive remover
• Grease pencil or lead pencil