LOA - 23' 5"
LWL - 20' 0"
BEAM - 8' 6"
DRAFT, Board up - 1' 11"
DRAFT, Board down - 5' 4"
Displacement - 2,450 lbs.
Ballast - 850 lbs. (Internal fixed lead)
Sail area - 248 sq. ft.
Mast height above DWL - 35' 4"
Designer: -- Jim Taylor
to be a "maxi-trailerable", the Precision
23 far outstrips many boats in terms of true usable
space, both on deck and below. Special emphasis has
gone into giving the P-23 her particular bright and
uncluttered interior. The bulkheads are intentionally
trimmed back to avoid subdividing the visual space.
Of special note, the typical intrusive mast compression
support post has been eliminated by clever use of a
rugged overhead support beam fiberglassed to the deck.
The especially large companionway, multiple cabin ports
and forward hatch contribute to the feeling of light
& open space. The double berth forward is generous
and there are full sized berths aft which will accommodate
The portable head has a dedicated space forward and
the fixed galley is aft where it is convenient to both
cabin and cockpit.
The Precision 23 hull represents a very careful refinement
of the basic form that has proven so successful in all
of our well known trailerable cruisers. Lively performance,
reliable handling and high stability are all the hallmarks
of these designs. They feature a sharp waterline entry,
substantial topside flare forward and powerful quarters
taper to a shapely transom. This precise combination
of features avoids the trim and handling problems that
less well balanced hulls suffer when heeled. This design
provides a reassuring margin of both reserve buoyancy
forward and ensures more knockdown stability.
For trailerable boats, winged keels and water ballast
are more of an inexpensive expedient than a sensible
design. The well proven internally ballasted shoal draft
fixed keel with fiberglass centerboard used in the Precision
23 is the most practical solution for combining upwind
efficiency and stability. This design allows the dense
internal lead ballast to be placed as low as possible
for increased stability. And the fiberglass centerboard
is easily raised/lowered by a simple Dacron line. The
centerboard provides lift for great pointing ability
yet is easily raised up for increased off wind sailing.
The P-23 features a simple fractional rig mast that
is easy put up and with her short spreaders & inboard
chainplates, upwind performance is impressive.
A generous cockpit 7' 3" long with coamings high
enough to keep your crew secure and the low sleekly
styled cabin house provides excellent visibility forward.
The cockpit seats are angled for maximum comfort both
heeled and at anchor, the result of careful ergonomic
design development. A ventilated fuel storage area and
large cockpit sail locker round out the roomy cockpit.
The Precision 23 is a well thought out, meticulously
detailed and carefully constructed trailerable cruiser
whose interior & lively performance will give you
and your family one of the best sailing boats available
in this size range.
Hull and Deck
- ISO/NPT gel coat finish
- Hand laminated fiberglass construction
- Molded in contrasting non-skid surface
- Shoal draft keel
with fiberglass centerboard
- Internal fixed lead ballast
- Recessed anchor locker on deck
- Molded toe rails w/drains
- Aluminum frame opening forward hatch4-6" mooring
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Stainless steel stern rail, stanchions & lifelines
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Stainless steel bow eye
- Teak trim
- Accent waterline & sheer stripes
- Teak handrails
- 6 Aluminum Opening ports
- 7'0" self bailing cockpit
- Ventilated fuel tank locker
- Sail locker
- Laminated ash and mahogany tiller
- Stainless steel adjustable motor mount
- Welded aluminum rudder head
- Fiberglass kick-up rudder
- Molded 'structural grid' hull liner
- Deluxe fabric covered cushions
- Berths for 4 adults
- Backrest cushions w/shelves
- Shelves over v-berths
- Molded storage lockers under berths
- Head area located forward of bulkhead
- 12 volt electrical system
- Fused switch panel
- Interior lights
- Navigation lights
- Steaming light
- Battery box
Spars and Rigging
- Aluminum anodized mast & boom
- 4:1 Harken mainsheet system
- Harken genoa winches & handle
- Harken ball bearing blocks
- Genoa track with cars
- Pre-stretched Dacron halyards
- Spliced halyard shackles
- Pre-stretched Dacron sheets & running rigging
- Split backstayChromed bronze open body turnbuckles w/toggles
- Topping lift
- Hinged mast step
- Swaged stainless steel standing rigging
- Alcohol stove
- Stainless steel sink
- Manual water pump
- Storage bins
- Self contained water system
- 48 qt. Igloo ice chest with teak step
- Dacron main and jib
- Jiffy reefing system with 1 reef point
Price of Boat and Accessories
Notice: All pricing subject to change without
notice, FOB Palmetto, Florida.
|Base Price With Std. Equipment
| Roller Furling 150% Genoa
With Gear in lieu of Std.
| Fiberglass Rudder Blade in lieu of Wood
| Boom Vang
| Main Sail Cover - Dark Blue Sunbrella
| Jib Sock
| Tiller Cover
| Cockpit Cushions (P&S) Vinyl
| Thetford Porta Potti (uninstalled)
| Portable Ice Chest
| Outboard Motor Bracket
| Transom Mount Mast Carrier
Tandem Trailer with Brakes
|Bunker Load Fee, Boat Shipped w/o Trailer
Prices do not include transportation to the dealer, state
& local taxes, dealer preparation (commissioning) bottom
paint, ground tackle or safety gear.
Please consult with your authorized Precision dealer to select
and budget for these additional items.
This price list supercedes all previous published
lists, and subject to change without notice. Effective 03/14/2013